As a result of increasing projects, here is a little how to with the summary of my previous articles. The main points are:
- Azure AD Seamless Single Sign-On (PTA / PHS)
- SAML Authentication (Azure AD as IdP & Citrix Gateway as SP)
- Citrix Federated Authentication Service (FAS)
- Microsoft Azure Multi-Factor-Authentication with Conditional Access
Continue reading “SAML Authentication between Citrix & Microsoft with Azure MFA”
- Fully working Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop Environment (StoreFront & DDC Minimum Version 7.9)
- Citrix ADC with successful base configuration & activated Enterprise or Platinum license (Minimum Version 12.1 Build 50+ for native workspace app, for browser Minimum Version 11.1)
- Configured Unified Gateway vServer
- Internal and external DNS entries for Unified Gateway vServer (e.g. citrix.deyda.net)
- Certificates for DNS entries (wildcard certificates are the easiest)
- Existing Azure Tenant with Azure-AD base configuration (Domain, AAD Sync) & activated Azure AD Premium license
- AD Connect version installed and configured (Minimum Version 1.1.644.0)
- Firewall release for *.msappproxy.net on port 443
- Domain administrator credentials for the domains that connected to Azure AD via AD Connect
- Installed Authenticator App on Test User Mobile Phone
The new current releases of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, Workspace Environament Management & Citrix Provisioning are now available. They contains many new features compared to the last LTSR.
Continue reading “Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops & WEM 2003 is released”
In the past months, I have had to deploy Microsoft Teams and OneDrive from the Office365 portfolio in Citrix environments, in addition to the standard office applications in numerous projects.
The standard installation, that the user can perform through the Office365 portal, is a user-based installation. In a Citrix environment, this is only recommended for desktop operating systems (pooled or personal desktop).
In order for Teams to function in server operating systems (multi-user capable), the Machine Based Installer must be used. In this case, part of the data is stored in the folder C:\%PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft\Teams. However, Teams can no longer be updated automatically as soon as a new version is available. This mode is recommended for non-persistent environments.
Continue reading “Install Teams & OneDrive in Citrix (Machine-Based)”
On December 18, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (CVAD) version 1912 was released. Following a little guide to the update to the latest version.
Link to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Documentation
Continue reading “Update to Virtual Apps and Desktops Version 1912 LTSR”
The new Long Term Service Release of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops is now available. It contains many new features compared to the last Current Release and of course more regarding the last LTSR.
The following new features have been added compared to the last current release.
Continue reading “Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1912 LTSR is out now”